Self-discipline is a powerful to have, yet challenging to acquire.
Self-discipline is the ability to do whatever it takes to overcome obstacles and reach your goals, even when it’s inconvenient or uncomfortable. It’s how we start of keep growing not matter what in the PressPlay Lifestyle.
It may involve saying: “no” to things you want or saying: “yes” to things you hate, but with the power of self-discipline, it becomes easier to get unstuck.
Self-Discipline Takes Action
Most of us would love to be self-disciplined, yet very few of us actually take action to do it. Don’t worry … it’s normal. But we want to be more than just normal … right?
Perhaps you start your day with good intentions, but squirrel off as the day progresses due to distractions. Thankfully, there are some strategies you can incorporate into your daily life so you can become a master of self-discipline and stay on the growth path – living the PressPlay Lifestyle.
Techniques to strengthen your self-discipline:
- Be committed. Are you truly unhappy being undisciplined? Is this something that you’re committed to improving? Many times people claim they want to be more self- disciplined, but the truth is, they honestly don’t mind being the way they are.
- Be honest with yourself. If this is something that you definitely want to improve in your life, it may take a bit of time and effort, but it can be done.
- The only way you’ll succeed is by staying committed to change.
Write it down.
The process of writing your ideas and goals down helps you clarify the thoughts in your mind so you can come up with an action plan that you can stick to.
- Write down all the areas that you wish to improve – your finances, relationships, career, or anything in between. Include what changes you would like to see and how you believe will be the best way to make it happen.
Get by with a little help of your friends.
It’s absolutely wonderful that you’ve committed to make a positive change in your life, but don’t keep it a secret. Tell others that you want to make a change and boost your self-discipline.
- Don’t be ashamed that you weren’t more self-disciplined from the beginning. The important thing is that you’re now taking action! Those who love you will be there to support you and help you celebrate your successes.
- Your support group can also help you get through the bad days and put you back on track to achieve your goals.
Believe in yourself.
Have faith in yourself and know that if you can master your self-discipline, you can do anything! There will be both good and bad days, but as long as you remain focused and committed, you’ll be successful in strengthening your self-discipline.
- Remember to focus on the big picture and concentrate on how your body, mind, and energy will change for the better when you stay committed.
Many people admire those who are self-disciplined.
These people can stay on a schedule and never seem to lose focus on what they need to accomplish. They make more wise decisions, take action when they need to, and achieve their goals with relative ease.
Implement these strategies into your daily life and they’ll soon become habits. Self-discipline can become your way to a PressPlay Lifestyle – if you want it!
Need more support? Here are several books on self-discipline that might help you get over the hump.